Food — Recipe
Organic carrot and ginger soup
Molly Waring-Moore • June 15, 2018
A delicious carrot and ginger soup using the millennial must-have British, organic carrots.
Serves 3-4 • ready in 25mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 700g carrots, washed and sliced 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- 20g ginger, grated
- Fresh orange juice from 2 oranges, squeezed
- 1L vegetable stock
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh coriander
- Pomegranate seeds
- Vegan cream
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, carrots and garlic, sauté for 4mins, until they are beginning to soften but not colour.
- Stir in the chilli and ginger, and plenty of seasoning and cook for 1min.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20mins or until the carrots are really tender.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or transfer to a food processor.
- Add the orange juice and chilli flakes to taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Reheat until just hot but not boiling and serve.
- Garnish with a swirl of vegan cream, fresh parsley or coriander and pomegranate seeds.